House Washing, Decks, Driveways & Docks
Our Residential Pressure Washing Services include:
- Low Pressure House Washing
- Driveway and Deck Cleaning
- Sidewalks and Concrete areas
- Vinyl and Wood Fences
- Roof Cleaning
- Mold/Algae Removal
- Poolside Patios
- Boat Docks and Piers
We believe in providing an excellent service at a fair price. Sure there are pressure washers out there willing to clean your home, driveway, deck, etc. at cut-rate, cheap prices. But be careful because you’ll get what you pay for. Questions, view the Pressure Washing FAQ’s.
Let us put your mind at ease regarding our pressure washing services:
- Pictures tell a 1,000 words
- What to look for when choosing a company
- How do we price the job
- Preparing for our arrival at your home
- Three common power washing problems to watch for
Sometimes a picture will tell more than a 1,000 words…
Take a look at some of these pictures and see what kind of work we do. These are real jobs and untouched pictures that our technicians did. Your home is your sanctuary. But in time even your sanctuary will accumulate the elements, and mold, mildew and grime will take over your home, your concrete, or your deck making it look unattractive and unkept. And when your sanctuary is not beautiful and appealing, people do notice. It takes work to keep it clean and welcoming.
And we have a team of residential pressure washing professionals who are mindful of your sanctuary and how to protect it. We take very special care not to leave the grounds of your property not cared for. If we move something, we move it back. If we use your garden hose, we put it back. If we turn on your water, we will turn it off. Further, while working at your home, our window cleaning experts will maintain a professional decorum – they will not use profane language or smoke – in short, they will be on their…
We Will Exceed Your Expectations
Regular pressure washing to keep your property clean is more than just keeping up appearances. It feels good knowing that your house and grounds will sparkle and give your home the added curb appeal of beautiful and regular maintenance because friends, family, and visitors do notice when it looks good and when it looks bad.
We also offer a residential pressure washing program called ‘Clean It and Forget It’ where each quarter or semi-annually, or even monthly, we come and wash your home, sidewalk, driveway, or deck for you for one low annual price (or monthly installment), automatically. No contracts or hidden fees. Contact us for more details.
Here are some things to look for, and to ask for when choosing a pressure washing company:
Professional pressure washing services will become important to you as your home ages because you will occasionally want to knock off the dirt, mold and mildew around your home to not only preserve the look but also to keep it from prematurely aging. Often times the best feature of pressure washing is the WOW! effect created when it’s all clean. Most people never knew just how dirty something was until they see it clean again. But how do you know who is a good contractor to hire for your home and who you should stay away from? Here are some easy tips to insure you find the right pressure washing service to trust while at your home.
- Do they look professional and are they in company uniforms? If they’re not willing to invest in looking professional, then they’re probably in this for the short term.
- Ask for plenty of references along with phone numbers. A reputable company should be glad to provide them to you.
- Are they insured and bonded, and do they carry workers’ compensation? Many companies don’t. Things happen. Accidents happen. You need to be fully protected in case of unforeseen situations. See our insurance documents here.
- Do they wet your bushes, flowers, plants and trees before they start your house wash, then repeatedly rinse during and after the job to protect all of your vegetation? Many pressure washers don’t, saving time, ultimately hoping for the best.
- Do they put your patio furniture back after pressure washing your veranda, deck or patio?
- Do they quick rinse your windows and screens if performing a house wash? A quick rinse will help remove soap and cleaning residue, but is not an actual window wash.
- Can you trust them in your home? Major League Pressure Washing professional cleaners are permanent employees who have been through a full background check and are subject to random drug testing. We would never allow someone to come to your home that we would not be comfortable servicing in our own home. We do everything possible to ensure your security and confidence in our employees.
- What kind of work do they do? Look for before and after pictures, and videos of their work. In this day and age of technology, it is easy for almost anyone to take pictures and make videos of work they did for clients. Especially in pressure washing where a “before and after” photo can often be dramatic and has the ability to completely change the look of an area cleaned. You will want to see the type of work they have done in the past.
- Do they use specialized equipment? If a company has been pressure washing for any length of time, then they probably have invested thousands of dollars in their equipment and will happily show you that nozzle, surface cleaner, extension wand, or do a demo at your home. Just ask them about it and you’ll most likely get more info than you wanted to know, but will also be sure you found the right person.
- Anyone who does good business will have tons of client testimonials to show you from the local area. Don’t be afraid to call some of these people and ask how the service really went for them. You will easily get a feel for the communication, professionalism, and attention to detail of the pressure washing service (or any of their services) after just a few minutes of speaking with their clients.
How do we price the job:
Major League Pressure Washing services are competitively priced and our estimates are calculated by the square footage of said surface or by the linear foot depending on what is quoted. The number is multiplied by ‘x’ cents to determine price. The ‘x’ cents is variable as it also depends on the complexity and dirt of surface to be cleaned. We routinely check the marketplace to be sure our prices are lower or at most, right in line with reputable insured competing companies.
How to help prepare for our arrival:
- Please close and lock all windows.
- Please make sure all screens are intact.
- Move or remove any items from exterior of house you feel is appropriate whether for safety of technicians or safety of items.
- If you need help moving some items we would be glad to help.
- Please securely shut all doors including garage doors, storm doors, screen doors.
- Clear driveway as much as possible for our technician’s equipment convenience.
- To ensure our cleaner’s safety, please keep your pets with you or in a safe designated area during our visit to your home.
Things to know:
- Preventative maintenance can save you money on future costly repairs
- Curb appeal can add value to your home
- Remove mold for the health and safety of those who live in your home or visit your home
- Pressure washing treatments for a house and wooden decks or piers can last one to two years depending on the setting and elements.
- We recommend that driveways and sidewalks be pressure washed annually to keep them looking clean and bright.
Impressions count and Major League Pressure Washing pressure washing can help make your home or business get better curb appeal.
Three Common Pressure Washing Problems to Watch For:
1. SHOTGUN & ARTILLERY FUNGUS
Shotgun fungus, those “tiny black specks” that appear on your siding, are about impossible to remove. Often mistaken for insect feces, they are actually the mature spore masses expelled from the fruiting bodies of fungus known as Sphaerobolus Stellatus”.
This fungus gets its name by firing spore masses in the air as little as two feet to a maximum distance of thirty feet, speckling siding, down spouts and windows. The longer these spores have been in place, the harder they are to remove. In most cases, we can generally remove half of the shotgun fungus. The water pressure will usually “skin” the outer surfaces of the spore. This leaves the spore exposed to the sun, which will then “bleach” them off of the siding. There is no product that kills shotgun fungus, but you can keep it at bay. Consider switching to inorganic mulch, such as stone or pea gravel. Prior to the application of inorganic mulch, we recommend the complete removal of the existing mulch in order to lessen the chance of reoccurrence.
When metal is exposed to rain or humidity, it slowly deteriorates and causes oxidation. A prime example of this type of oxidation occurs on your gutters as the aluminum is exposed to the elements of the weather, such as rain, snow etc. The metal starts to stain a grayish film, which during the hotter months of the year bakes onto the gutters.
Power washing works wonders on vinyl siding, but does little to remove the oxidation that can be found on most trim and gutters around the home. Nothing short of a long and grueling hand scrubbing will take care of a tough case of oxidation. Refer to our Gutter Polishing service on the home page. You can attempt to wash gutters down all day, and never succeed at removing any of the oxidation. This is one of the most difficult stains to successfully remove. We have the chemical formulation for successful removal 95% of the time.
Occasionally, when power washing your home a small amount of water will get behind the siding. Hours after we have left, the water will start to make its way onto the exterior surface of your siding. As it drips out, it will usually pull some dirt out with it, resulting in a mark down the side of the home.
This problem can be remedied by simply giving the runoff area a quick spray with the garden hose to rinse away the mark.
At Major League Pressure Washing we strive to provide our customers with the best possible service. Please feel free to give us a call if you have any questions or comments.